DeYuCo Academy Online Business Course: Intercultural Intelligence
999 USD plus appl. tax
DeYuCo Academy Online Business Course “Intercultural Intelligence”: Discuss any business issue with our expert trainer in this interactive online workshop
Course ID: BC 3.1
Intercultural sensitivity and competency are becoming increasingly important in the context of globalization and internationalization. Each culture has its own values and standards which need to be understood for a successful cooperation with international business partners. In this interactive training we teach you essential knowledge and skills for working in an international context and make you aware of the diversity of cultures with respect to your own cultural background.
This one-day interactive online business workshop equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises. Interactive communication with an expert trainer and other participants allows you to gain valuable tips and tricks for your business world.
- The main objective of the training is that you develop transnational communication skills to work successfully with foreign colleagues, employees and business partners from different cultures.
- The major focus is on real-life, pragmatic support for difficult situations including delegation, team management, negotiations or de-escalating conflicts.
- You develop more awareness on how cultural differences affect international cooperation and working relationships.
- You develop a greater understanding of other cultural logics and practices.
- We promise that you acquire confidence in dealing with relevant cultural differences by interpreting real work situations and by reflecting your own reactions.
- You learn to make cooperation even with difficult partners from other cultures more smoothly and efficiently.
- You learn how to avoid simple mistakes and enforce your goals despite cross-cultural differences.
- The seminar is ideal for professionals and managers who have to deal with many different cultures and nations, and not only want to understand single cultures.
Module 1: 9:00am-9:45am Intercultural Competency
- The effect of culture and cultural values on business
- The iceberg model of culture
- The coconut und peach model in daily business life
Module 2: 9:45am-10:30am Hierarchy Perception (Coffee break from 10:30am-11:00am)
- Low and high power distance in national and intercultural settings: The authorization principle
- The importance of greetings and other related rituals
- Requests, reminders and escalation rules
Module 3: 11:00am-11:45am Individuality vs. Collectivity
- Decision process in individual vs. collective cultures
- How to deal with the culture standard “face saving”
- The different needs pyramid in individual and collective nations
Module 4: 11:45am-12:30am Femininity vs. Masculinity (Lunch break from 12:30am-1:30 pm)
- The concept of femininity vs. masculinity
- What do you need to observe in business life while in feminine or masculine nations?
- Related team composition and back office support decisions
Module 5: 1:30pm-2:15pm Risk Avoidance
- Plan vs. flexibility
- Different = Difficult to deal with ?
- Varying interpretations of reliability, planning and milestones
Module 6: 2:15pm-3:00pm Monochronic vs. Polychronic (Coffee break from 3:00pm to 3:30pm)
- One task after the other or multiple tasks parallel?
- A to B or B to A?
- Daily communication = control or servant leadership ?
Module 7: 3:30pm-4:15pm Fact vs. People Orientation
- Thought and intended is not necessarily equal to understood
- Obligation to provide information or obligation to obtain them?
- Different approach in communication structure in fact or people oriented cultures
Module 8: 4:15pm-5:00pm Direct vs Indirect Communication
- The four quadrants of direct / indirect vs. fact / people orientation
- Consequences for business communication, e.g. emails, telco or presentations
- Tips and tricks to improve international team collaboration
2020 Open Workshops
- May 5, 2020 CST USA
- July 20, 2020 CET Europe
- November 3, 2020, CST USA
2021 Open Workshops
- January 5, 2021 CST USA
- March 5, 2021, CST USA
- July 2, 2021, CET Europe
At any time worldwide – tailored to your needs and wishes. Contact us for further details!