Business Tool: The KANO Model
If customers request lots of features (everything is equally important) or if supervisors or colleagues want you to do many topics at the same time, then you need to evaluate, which features or topics are of most interest to the customers or supervisors. The Japanes scientiest Noriaki Kano has developed a model, that allows to differentiate such features in four main categories:
- Must-be features: if not present customers will notice immidiately
- Performance features: increase in features will result in more satisfaction
- Attractive features: even a small amount of such features will result in high satisfaction
- Indifferent features: customers do not notice if they are present or not
But how to differentiate, which features are which type? In our read-to-use Excel tool we have prepared a questioniare for you, that you can use to ask customers or supervisors on their perception and attitude towards certain features and topics.
The Excel tool is automatically calculating the respective grahics for your easy usage and interpretation. In the accompanying e-Tutorial we explan the KANO model as well as our Excel tool in details.
- The Excel-file is ready-to-use, you do not need to think how to adapt or program it.
- The Excel-file contains templates for the KANO model and its usage.
- The e-Tutuorial explains the background and the usage of the tool in a short and precise way.
- After this short e-Learning you are well equipped to use the KANO model tool yourself, including different Excel templates to start immidiately.
- An that means for you: you do not need to design an Excel tool yourself including complicated formulas: we have done that for you and you can use the KANO model tool without extra effort.
- For the Excel file you need Microsoft Office Excel to open it.
- The e-Tutorial is an e-Learning on our webserver, you need an internet connection and browser to view it. It is self-paced, you can jump back and forward as you like.
- If you need further information before deciding to buy or you would like to have a preview via Screen Sharing, please contact us and we will arrange accordingly!