Business Webinar: International Business Competency China
Successful Cooperation with Chinese Business Partners
- Learn how to successfully conduct business in China and with Chinese business partners including strategies for know-how protection.
- In this webinar we look in particular into current Chinese business strategies such as Made in China 2025 and Silk Street 2.0 and evaluate consequences for your business world.
China has developed significantly during the last 10-20 years. Todays strategies for engaging in China and with Chinese business partners have to reflect those major changes.
Face saving behavior in discussions and negotiations is still important, yet understanding Chinese business strategies such as “Made in China 2025” have to be understood in detail in order to conduct business in China successfully.
In this webinar we show you how to effectively deal with Chinese business partners.
- The key objective of this seminar is to enable you to successfully cooperate and communicate with Chinese business partners.
- You will learn how to communicate successfully with Chinese (especially with business partners, employees, authorities), whose language is based on images rather verbal expressions.
- You learn a better understanding of Chinese culture and how to build successful and long-term relationships.
- You learn to successfully negotiate in Asia without “being ripped off”: we will explain the Chinese Art of business war including negotiation tricks and how to defend yourselves in a charming but clear way, still ensuring face saving cultural standards.
- You recognize the key differences between Western and Asian thoughts and actions, and how to utilize them for your advantage in your everyday business.
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in China and Asia, and have established and directed companies, and have experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in China on site as well as in international teams.
- This webinar is ideal for professionals and executives from all sectors and levels who have to deal with Chinese business partners.
- Companies that intend to develop or expand their China activities and train their staff to be more effective in business activities with Chinese partners.
- This webinar can be booked by any company worldwide. We can adjust the webinar time of each module to your company wishes and possibilites.
- The webinar can be offered in English, German or Chinese.
History and culture of China
- China today: current state and challenges
- 5000 years of history and its effects on todays business strategies
- History and culture of China: What to know and consider as a foreigner for business strategies
- Family orientation and group harmony
- Tiger Mother and the training drill in Asia
- Saving face, respect and recognition
- The Chinese pyramid of needs
- Cultural values in comparison – and respective results on business relationships
China Business Strategies
- Made in China 2025 and Silk Street 2.0: the strategy behind
- IP and Know-how protection
- Risk reduction strategies when engaging with Chinese partners
Chinese and Western nations in comparison
- Power and the hierarchical thinking of Chinese
- The straight path of the West, the intricate way of the Chinese: Why Chinese jump back and forth, and how to successfully deal with it
- The Chinese, polychronic time understanding: jumping in time and content
- How to get Chinese to appreciate and comply with milestones and quality gates?
- Collectivistic society and effects for meetings
- The role of women in China
- Memorization vs. transfer thinking
- The cultural dimension differences: how to conduct meetings, discussions, telco’s etc. effectively and efficiently?
Chinese Business Etiquette – The Dos and Don’ts
- The correct welcome in China: opportunities that are often not recognized
- Business titles: What is really important to Chinese?
- Chinese goal-oriented Small Talk
- Colors, symbols and their meaning in China
- Meaningful gifts and how to build lasting relationships
- Lunch and dinner as real negotiation opportunities
- How to avoid misunderstandings and other common mistakes
- Dos and Don’ts of China – best practice
- Face saving and destroying behaviors
- How to build lasting relationships with Chinese
- How to interpret Chinese body language
Effective communication with Chinese
- How do you need to talk, so that Chinese can understand you
- Direct communication of the West vs. indirect visual communication of the Chinese
- Chinese interpretation of benefits and value and resulting communication effects
- Visualization of linguistic content
- Imagery and visualization as a tool for understanding
- Translation- what Chinese say and what they really mean
- How does a Chinese say “No” and “Yes”?
- Presentation towards Chinese business partners: structure, content, key message and benefit
- The Chinese Art of Business War: Sun Tzu and the respective business negotiation strategies
- How to achieve your goal while not being “ripped off”
How to book this webinar?
- You can send us your enquiry using our webform, email, or any other contact form.
- We will send you a quotation and further details on how to tailor this webinar to your companys needs and wishes.
- Our experts are usually quite well booked, thus kindly book this webinar well in advance of the desired webinar time.