Business Webinar: International Business Competency India
Successful Cooperation with Indian Business Partners
- Expand your international business competency India to successfully and effectively deal with Indian colleagues, employees and business partners.
- Understand major cultural differences and how they influence daily business operations
India is a continent, not only a country. With a population of over 1 billion and a gross national product larger than Russia India is a globally important business partner. Understanding business in India and with Indian business partners is therefore essential. In our webinar “International Business Competency India” you will learn to better understand Indian business partners and how to develop effective cooperation models.
- The key objective of this webinar is to enable you to interact effectively but harmonically and in a face saving way with Indian business partners.
- You learn to better understand Indian culture and thus build successful and long-term relationships
- You recognize the essential differences to Indian thinking and actions, and thereby understand how to optimize your daily business approach to Indian business partners
- This knowledge allows you to interact with Indian business partners correctly, for example in discussions, negotiations and presentations
- Learn what “don’ts” you need to avoid, but also which “dos” you should enhance for a successful relationship building
- You will learn how you have successfully communicate with Indians, especially with business partners, employees, authorities
- You learn what you should prepare when Indians visit your country
- You will get important tips and pragmatic solutions for difficult situations in daily operations, e.g. in dealing with conflicts and problems such as complaints, employee interviews, approval talks with authorities
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in India and Asia, and have established and directed local companies and experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in India on site as well as in international teams
- Professionals and executives from all sectors and levels, who have contact with Indian business partners.
- Companies that intend to develop or expand their activities in India or with Indian business partners.
- This webinar can be booked by any company worldwide. We can adjust the webinar time of each module to your company wishes and possibilites.
- The webinar can be offered in English, German or Chinese.
History and Culture of India
- India today: current situation and challenges
- Indias history in Asia and major facts you need to know
- India, Pakistan and Kashmir: Special historic knowledge
- Indian values, traditions, norms
- Important symbols of India
- How do Indian see foreigner?
- Family and harmony
- Culture standard face saving
- The pyramid of needs for Indians
India: Cultural Values and Norms
- Comparison of India and Western countries using the cultural dimensions
- The straight path of the western cultures, the complex way of the Indians: Why Indians jump back and forth, and how to successfully deal with it
- Indian caste system and related hierarchical thinking
- Decision structures in Indian companies
- Information and mistakes: shame and blame cultural differences
- Memorization vs. transfer thinking
- The role of women in business and private life
Business Etiquette India – The Dos and Don’ts
- The correct welcome
- Pitfalls that should be avoided at all costs
- Business cards and title: what really matters for Indians?
- Good topics fpr small talk
- Lunch and dinner: how to say no for certain (very spicy) foods?
- Colors and their meaning in everyday business
- Presents that match corporate compliance in order to build lasting relationships
- How to treat Indian guests in your home country
Effective communication with Indians
- How to talk that Indians understand you correctly?
- Business English: Direct vs. indirect language
- Visualization as a tool for better communication
- Interpretation of the Indian body language
- How does an Indian say “No” and how “Yes”?
- Presentations in India or in front of Indians
- Effective discussion and negotiation styles with Indians
How to book this webinar?
- You can send us your enquiry using our webform, email, or any other contact form.
- We will send you a quotation and further details on how to tailor this webinar to your companys needs and wishes.
- Our experts are usually quite well booked, thus kindly book this webinar well in advance of the desired webinar time.