Business Webinar: International Business Competency Japan
Successful Cooperation with Japanese Business Partners
- Expand your international business competency Japan to successfully yet harmonically and in a face saving way achieve your goals while dealing with Japanese colleagues, employees and business partners.
- Learn how to build long-term relationships with consensus-oriented Japanese and ensure sustainable success.
The increasing internationalization requires many companies to enhance cooperation with Japanese business partners and colleagues. Strengthen your intercultural competency for Japan to act convincingly and safely in your business. You will learn to better understand Japanese and their actions and ways of thinking. Risk awareness yet polychronic behavior will lead to difficult discussion styles, we show you how to successfully cooperate and communicate with Japanese business partners.
- The key objective of this webinar is to enable you to interact effectively but harmonically and in a face saving way with Japanese business partners.
- You learn to better understand Japanese culture and thus build successful and long-term relationships
- You recognize the essential differences between Western and Asian thought and action, and thereby understand how to optimize your daily business approach to Japanese business partners
- This knowledge allows you to interact with Japanese business partners correctly, for example in discussions, negotiations and presentations
- Learn what “don’ts” you need to avoid, but also which “dos” you should enhance for a successful relationship building
- You will learn how you have successfully communicate with Japanese, especially with business partners, employees, authorities
- You understand how important the cultural standards like face saving and consensus orientation are for Japanese and how to deal with this successfully
- Recognize how Japanese discussion concepts such as “ringi seido” can be used in your communication with Japanese people successfully
- You learn what you should prepare when Japanese visit your country
- You will get important tips and pragmatic solutions for difficult situations in daily operations, e.g. in dealing with conflicts and problems such as complaints, employee interviews, approval talks with authorities
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in Japan and Asia, and have established and directed local companies and experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in Japan on site as well as in international teams
- Professionals and executives from all sectors and levels, who have contact with Japanese business partners.
- Companies that intend to develop or expand their activities in Japan or with Japanese business partners.
- This webinar can be booked by any company worldwide. We can adjust the webinar time of each module to your company wishes and possibilites.
- The webinar can be offered in English, German or Chinese.
History and Culture of Japan
- Japan today: current situation and challenges
- Japans history in Asia and major facts you need to know
- Japanese values, traditions, norms
- Important symbols of Japan
- How do Japanese see foreigner?
- Family and harmony
- Culture standard face saving
- The pyramid of needs for Japanese
Japanese versus Western Foreigners
- Comparison of Japan and Western countries using the cultural dimensions
- The straight path of the western cultures, the complex way of the Japanese: Why Japanese jump back and forth, and how to successfully deal with it
- Japanese introvert and polite behavior: what is the meaning behind and how to deal with it?
- Collectivism and the hierarchical thinking of Asians
- Decision structures in Japanese companies
- Information and mistakes: shame and blame cultural differences
- Memorization vs. transfer thinking
- The role of women in business life
Business Etiquette Japan – The Dos and Don’ts
- The correct welcome: “Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu”
- Pitfalls that should be avoided at all costs
- Business cards and title: what really matters for Japanese?
- Small talk in special clubs?
- Lunch and dinner: how to say no for certain foods?
- Colors and their meaning in everyday business
- Presents that match corporate compliance in order to build lasting relationships
- How to treat Japanese guests in your home country
Effective communication with Japanese
- How to talk that Japanese understand you correctly?
- Direct vs. indirect language, in particular for the image based Japanese language
- Visualization as a tool for better communication
- Translation – what the Japanese say and what they really mean
- Interpretation of the Japanese body language
- How does a Japanese say “No” and how “Yes”?
- Presentations in Japan or in front of Japanese
- Effective discussion and negotiation styles with Japanese
How to book this webinar?
- You can send us your enquiry using our webform, email, or any other contact form.
- We will send you a quotation and further details on how to tailor this webinar to your companys needs and wishes.
- Our experts are usually quite well booked, thus kindly book this webinar well in advance of the desired webinar time.