Business Webinar: International Business Competency USA
Successful Cooperation with American Business Partners
- Learn how to deal successfully with American business partners
- Build-up intercultural business competency USA
- Learn to avoid intercultural mistakes and understand how to accomplish your goals in USA
The cultural differences between Europeans and Americans are often perceived as low. Nevertheless, making business with Americans can be quite difficult, sometimes even long lasting negative effects may occur (possibly even with financial and legal consequences).
In this webinar you will learn to avoid these pitfalls and to better understand Americans and thus build sustainable and successful business relationships and enforce your interests in an elegant and efficient way.
- The key objective of this training is to equip you with the necessary know-how, tools and processes to accomplish your goals in USA.
- Acquire relevant knowledge of cultural differences in thought and action between USA and other nations.
- Recognize critical intercultural situations and how to avoid conflicts with American business partners.
- Learn to effectively and skillfully communicate with Americans and learn to recognize and defuse common misunderstandings.
- Learn how to successfully negotiate in USA and establish long-term business success with confidence.
- You will get important tips and pragmatic tools to deal with difficult situations in daily operations, e.g. for staff meetings or negotiations.
- Learn what “don’ts” you need to avoid, but also what “dos” you should use for a successful relationship building.
- Learn to successfully negotiate in USA, without “being ripped off”: we will explain typical negotiation tricks of Americans and how to elegantly but effectively achieve your goals.
- Understand principles such as “Standard Operation Procedures” SOP if you want to change anything in an US-company.
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in international companies, and have established and directed local companies and experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in foreign countries.
- Professionals and executives from all sectors and levels, who have contact with American business partners.
- Companies that intend to develop or expand their activities in USA or with American business partners
- This webinar can be booked by any company worldwide. We can adjust the webinar time of each module to your company wishes and possibilites.
- The webinar can be offered in English, German or Chinese.
History and culture of the United States of America
- USA Today: diversity and multi-culture
- Regional differences in the US
- The understanding of family, work and leisure
- Big is beautiful: Americans and their status symbols
- Do as you like: American understanding of freedom
American and Europeans in comparison
- From “A to B”: The straight path of the Europeans
- “Just do it”: The focused way the Americans
- Status, hierarchy, and the resulting roles of employees & managers
- Understanding of time and punctuality
- Prejudices, stereotypes and misunderstandings
- Differences based on the cultural dimensions
- Power and hierarchy: e.g. how to excalate correctly
- Uncertainty avoidance vs. risk awareness: Just do it or planned execution?
- Individualism vs. collectivism: Brainstorming and other moderation techniques for countries with high individuality
- Femininity vs. masculinity: it’s a mens world and implications for business life
- Monochronic vs. polychronic time judgement: e.g. how to set and insist on milestones and quality gates
- What do those differences mean for my business reality, how can I improve my business competency USA?
Business Etiquette USA – The Dos and Don’ts
- Meeting and workshop etiquette
- The correct greeting
- Personal space requirements
- Elevator and closed room behavior
- Business clothes, casual friday and private invvitations
- Business cards and titles
- Tips for a successful small talk
- Dealing with colleagues at work and at leisure
- Business breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Invitation to Barbecue
- Good presents to business partners
- “Nice Dress” and other sexual harassment traps
- Drinking with colleagues: what to avoid
- Special taboos and don’ts in USA
Successful Communication with Americans
- How to conduct successfully discussions, workshops and meetings with Americans?
- How to sell successfully in America (me, my ideas, my products)?
- What promotes mutual acceptance and mutual understanding?
- Sustainable building of trust with Americans
- Recognize and defuse conflicts
- Personal conversations: Dealing with employees and teams
- Training and presentations to Americans: differences in focus, time and sequence
- Customer discussions: essential knowledge for successful communicate your ideas and products
Negotiations with Americans
- Differences in negotiation styles
- Bluffs and other typical chess moves of Americans
- My home is my castle: Why Americans react more easily
- Projects with Americans
- Win-win? How do I achieve my goals
How to book this webinar?
- You can send us your enquiry using our webform, email, or any other contact form.
- We will send you a quotation and further details on how to tailor this webinar to your companys needs and wishes.
- Our experts are usually quite well booked, thus kindly book this webinar well in advance of the desired webinar time.