Business Webinar: Successful Cooperation with International Business Partners
Intercultural sensitivity and competency are becoming increasingly important in the context of globalization and internationalization. Each culture has its own values and standards which need to be understood for a successful cooperation with international business partners. In this interactive webinar we teach you essential knowledge and skills for working in an international context and make you aware of the diversity of cultures with respect to your own cultural background.
- Learn how to work successfully with international business partners and achieve your targets effectively and efficiently.
- Intercultural sensitivity allows you to be elegant, charming, yet successful in communication and cooperation with international business colleagues, employees and customers.
- The main objective of the webinar is that you develop transnational communication skills to work successfully with foreign colleagues, employees and business partners from different cultures.
- The major focus is on real-life, pragmatic support for difficult situations including delegation, team management, negotiations or de-escalating conflicts.
- You develop more awareness on how cultural differences affect international cooperation and working relationships.
- You develop a greater understanding of other cultural logics and practices.
- We promise that you acquire confidence in dealing with relevant cultural differences by interpreting real work situations and by reflecting your own reactions.
- You learn to make cooperation even with difficult partners from other cultures more smoothly and efficiently.
- You learn how to avoid simple mistakes and enforce your goals despite cross-cultural differences.
- Professionals and executives from all sectors and levels, who have contact with international business partners.
- The webinar is ideal for professionals and executives who have to deal with many different cultures and nations, and not only want to understand single cultures.
- Companies that intend to develop or expand their international activities.
- This webinar can be booked by any company worldwide. We can adjust the webinar time of each module to your company wishes and possibilites.
- The webinar can be offered in English, German or Chinese.
- What is culture and where does culture originate
- How do cultural differences affect international cooperation?
- The iceberg model of culture
- What is effective intercultural competency?
- How do intercultural misunderstandings arise and how to avoid them
Dealing with prejudices and stereotypes
- How do we see foreigners?
- In contrast: how do foreigners see us?
- How to identify and even understand international cultural values
- How to overcome prejudices and stereotypes in business reality
- Optimized dealing with difficult stereotypes in international teams
- Differences based on the cultural dimensions
- Power and hierarchy: e.g. how to write emails and reminders
- Uncertainty avoidance vs. risk awareness: e.g. how to deal with nations that reject any kind of risk
- Individualism vs. collectivism: e.g. how to brainstorm in workshops with group oriented nations
- Femininity vs. masculinity: in which nations male / female issues are extremely important
- Monochronic vs. polychronic time judgement: e.g. how to set milestones with nations that are polychronic
- Differentiating cultures and cultural behaviors based on the cultural dimensions
- What do those differences mean for my business reality, how can I improve my intercultural competencies ?
International Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid simple cultural misunderstandings
- How to behave if you are invited for lunch, dinner or other private occasions?
- Eating and drinking behaviors: e.g. do you have to taste everything, worldwide?
- Karaoke and other after dinner programs: can you also decline?
- Global dress code: e.g. suit, dress, socks and shoes
- Small talk guide: good and bad topics
- Email guide: which words / phrases are considered bad?
- Greeting cards / emails: which greetings are allowed or even required?
- Sexual Harassment: what is considered offensive behavior?
- Special taboos to be avoided at all costs
- Dos and Don’ts of selected nations (can be selected by the participants)
Effective communication with international partners
- Dealing with different communication styles
- Levels of intercultural communication
- Direct vs. indirect communication
- Restrictions due to virtual communication (email, phone, telco, webco) and how to overcome them
- Picture based communication style with sketches and simple graphics to enhance your communication efficiency
- Useful and simples sketches and graphics for business
- Focus on facts vs. people orientation: e.g. how to overcome personal distance
- The global benefit understanding: differences between America, Asia, Europe
- How can I talk that others understand me correctly ?
- Convince others smoothly and elegantly to do what you want!
How to book this webinar?
- You can send us your enquiry using our webform, email, or any other contact form.
- We will send you a quotation and further details on how to tailor this webinar to your companys needs and wishes.
- Our experts are usually quite well booked, thus kindly book this webinar well in advance of the desired webinar time.