Difficult Customers and Colleagues
Dealing successfully with difficult people
Difficult people can be found anywhere in private and professional environments. They can be your suppliers, customers, colleagues or even bosses. Anyone can from time to time be a difficult person.
The additional effort in dealing with these people requires much time and energy in daily business operations. We show in our seminar how to deal more successfully and more relaxed with such difficult people.
We give you many tips and suggestions on how to keep a cool head, how to overcome speechlessness and how to spare your nerves and reduce stress.
- Understand what really makes people difficult and how to stay relaxed
- Learn how to deal with such persons successfully and in a charming way
- In our seminar we will show you the methods and concepts that have proven to work with such difficult customers and colleagues, even if they are very important to you, e.g. if they are your boss.
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 10000 USD for 2 days
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
Our two-day, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises.
- See what makes people difficult and if you also belong to this group. It is essential to understand whether you are dealing with a difficult person or if you yourself just develop into one
- The key issue is to understand what is the underlying communication and understanding problem and what triggers it. Action triggers reaction, therefore, could well be true: you could be the cause of the problem, not the so-called “difficult” person
- Learn what are the possible causes of such behavior and what these difficult people expect from you in return
- Learn to deal with your own emotions and to control anger and resentment. Recognize your personal (conflict) behavior
- It is important to understand that the problem can not be solved if you simply avoid dealing with difficult people. You have to engage them with the correct methods of communication. We show in our seminar which methods are successful and how to use them to your advantage
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as a manager for many years in the national and international environment, led teams and projects, and experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business.
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will include your wishes and give you suggestions for solutions or alternative approaches.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda completely to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other training topics. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time and location of these workshops can be specified by you. If you desire more than two days workshop, e.g. for complex international challenges, then we can tailor any of our trainings and workshops to suit your needs and wishes !
- Which people are difficult?
- Identify and understand motives and behaviors – for the others as well as for yourself
The mechanism of becoming difficult
- Reasons and causes
- Pressure types: the over-motivated, the demotivated, the resigned, the objector
- Emotional and choleric people
The tolerance level
- How to increase your own tolerance level?
- How to raise them in others ?
- First of all get some distance, and then analyze the situation calmly
- How do you manage a change of perspective
Dealing with difficult business partners
- Complaints and other business problems
- What to do when partners are abusive or aggressive?
- If you can hardly get a word spoken: overcoming speechlessness
- Possible arguments and reactions of your partners
- The power of the word “No“
- Early interception and further tips to cool down difficult people
- Networks as a tool
More tips on dealing with difficult people
- Bossing, mobbing, staffing
- De-escalation methods
- Effective discussion techniques
- Create win-win situations