Effective Problem Solving
Solve problems like professional consultants
Company managers use consultants for various reasons:
- Because the problem has to be solved in a short time
- Because not enough own capacity is available
- Because the problem appears too complex to be solved with own staff
- Because consultants are not company-blind and can tackle problems emotionless
Most business problems could, however, very well be solved with internal resources, if the employees could learn some of the methods and mindsets of external consultants.
External and often quite expensive consultants utilize effective and efficient methods for identification, evaluation and solution of business problems.
In our seminar effective problem solving we will explain these proven-to-work methods and solutions so that you can solve issues and tasks by yourself and implement them by a convinced and motivated internal team.
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 10000 USD for 2 days
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
This two-days, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises.
- The main objective of this workshop is to equip you with those proven-to-work methods and tools for effective problem solving
- Capacity is always an issue, “We currently do not have time for such a project, even if it is necessary” is a standard saying in many companies. Learn how to use your capacity meaningfully and structured by skillful use of certain methods and tools and thereby effective problem tackling workshops
- Solve the problem right the first time, with the correct approach, parallel to the daily business rather than to postpone dealing with the subject, this will eventually lead to more problems. We show you how you can plan problem solving projects parallel to daily business life, with rather little resources
- Learn how you can solve a problem and task in a short time with few, but well-organized workshops. Our seminar shows such a methodological approach, which has been tested and proven-to-work in many consulting change management projects
- These methods are practiced in the seminar in workshop form of realistic examples. Of course you can also bring your topics to be discussed as well
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats and consultants for many years in international countries and gained a lot of practical experience in international projects
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will include your wishes and give you suggestions for solutions or alternative approaches.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda completely to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other training topics. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time and location of these workshops can be specified by you. If you desire more than two days workshop, e.g. for complex international challenges, then we can tailor any of our trainings and workshops to suit your needs and wishes !
- Problems: What the heck is a problem?
- How consultants identify, evaluate and solve problems
- Reducing costs (production, purchasing)
- Reducing time (process optimization)
- Improving quality
Problem solving methods
- How to solve problems effectively and efficiently?
- Systematic and systemic approach
Consultant Tools Part 1
- 5W – root cause analysis
- Ishikawa – backwards and forward
- MECE – systemic view on problems
- Logic trees – systematic analysis
- SMART / MoSCoW goal identification
- Eisenhower advanced: measurable urgency and importance
Consultant Tools Part 2
- 2D portfolio matrix
- Predictive scenario techniques
- Idea evaluation techniques
- 3D Ansoff matrix
Practical example (Workshop)
- Participants choose from various examples and solve an issue with the above methods in group work
- You are welcome to choose your own topics & issues
Management of such problem-solving projects
- What is a successful setup
- Workshop planning and execution
- Ramp-up / implementation / controlling
Further tips for successful problem solving
- General mistakes
- How do I convince my colleagues and bosses of the solution?