International Business Competency China
Successful Cooperation with Chinese Business Partners
China has developed significantly during the last 10-20 years. Todays strategies for engaging in China and with Chinese business partners have to reflect those major changes.
Face saving behavior in discussions and negotiations is still important, yet understanding Chinese business strategies such as “Made in China 2025” have to be understood well in order to conduct business in China successfully.
- Learn how to successfully conduct business in China and with Chinese business partners including strategies for know-how protection
- Improve your intercultural competency for China & Asia
- Recognize the key differences between Western and Chinese thinking and acting and learn how to use them successfully in your business activities
DeYuCo Academy Open Seminars
- 1999 USD per participant including coffee / lunch breaks, digital and printed documentation, excluding travel costs of participants
- Anybody can join our open seminars
- 19.-20.7.2018 San Francisco, USA
- 15.-16.10.2018 New York, USA
- 21.-22.3.2019, Miami, USA
- 24.-25.10.2019, San Francisco, USA
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 8000 USD for 2 days plus travel costs of our experts
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
Our two-days, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises.
- The key objective of this seminar is to enable you to successfully cooperate and communicate with Chinese business partners
- You learn a better understanding of Chinese culture and how to build successful and long-term relationships
- You recognize the key differences between Western and Asian thoughts and actions, and how to utilize them in your favor in your everyday business
- You will learn how to communicate successfully with Chinese (especially with business partners, employees, authorities), whose language is based on images rather verbal expressions.
- You learn to successfully negotiate in Asia without “being ripped off”: we will explain the Chinese Art of business war including negotiation tricks and how to defend yourselves in a charming but clear way, still ensuring face saving cultural standards
- You will find important tips and detailed suggestions for difficult situations in your daily operations, e.g. in dealing with conflicts and problems such as complaints, employee appraisals or business negotiations
- Learn to weigh the risks and opportunities for your business venture in China & Asia including IP protection strategies
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in China and Asia, and have established and directed companies, and have experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in China on site as well as in international teams
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will consider your wishes during the training and give you suggestions for solutions.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda and tailor it to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other trainings. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time, duration and location of these inhouse workshops can be specified by you. If you want to train more than five people on this topic then inhouse is a good alternative compared to joining our open seminars!
History and culture of China
- China today: current situation and challenges
- China and its neighboring countries: what you need to know as a foreigner
- Family and harmony
- Tiger Mother and the training drill in Asia
- Saving face, respect and recognition
- The Chinese pyramid of needs
China Business strategies
- Made in China 2025 and Silk Street 2.0: the strategy behind
- IP and know-how protection strategies
- Risk reduction strategies when engaging with Chinese business partners
- Employee onboarding and retaining vs. training and loosing employees and respective know-how
Chinese and Western Nations in comparison
- Collectivism and the hierarchical thinking of Asians
- The straight path of the West, the intricate way of the Chinese: Why Chinese jump back and forth, and how to successfully deal with it
- The Chinese, polychronic time understanding: how to comply with project procedures and milestones
- Memorization vs. transfer thinking
- Direct communication of the West vs. indirect visual communication of the Chinese
- Imagery and visualization as a tool for understanding
Business Etiquette – The Dos and don’ts
- The correct welcome: opportunities that are often not recognized
- Business titles: What is really important to the Chinese ?
- Goal-oriented Small Talk
- Colors and their meaning
- Good gifts to build lasting relationships
- Lunch and dinner as real negotiation opportunities
Effective communication with Chinese
- How do you need to talk, so that Chinese understand you ?
- Visualization of linguistic content
- Translation – what the Chinese say and what they really mean
- Interpretation of the Chinese body language
- How does a Chinese say “No” and “Yes”?
- Presentations towards Chinese business partners: structure, content, key message and benefit
Discussions and negotiations with Chinese
- Typical (ineffective) end of a discussion
- The Chinese Art of Business War: Sun Tse and the respective business negotiation strategies
- Modular agenda, visualized structuring for e.g. exploratory phase, and other tools for a successful negotiation
- How to achieve your goals while not being ripped off?