International Business Competency Japan
- Expand your international business competency Japan to successfully yet harmonically and in a face saving way achieve your goals while dealing with Japanese colleagues, employees and business partners
- Learn how to build long-term relationships with consensus-oriented Japanese and ensure sustainable success
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 10000 USD for 2 days
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
This two-days, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises.
- The key objective of this seminar is to enable you to interact effectively but harmonically and in a face saving way with Japanese business partners.
- You learn to better understand Japanese culture and thus build successful and long-term relationships
- You recognize the essential differences between Western and Asian thought and action, and thereby understand how to optimize your daily business approach to Japanese business partners
- This knowledge allows you to interact with Japanese business partners correctly, for example in discussions, negotiations and presentations
- Learn what “don’ts” you need to avoid, but also which “dos” you should enhance for a successful relationship building
- You will learn how you have successfully communicate with Japanese, especially with business partners, employees, authorities
- You understand how important the cultural standards like face saving and consensus orientation are for Japanese and how to deal with this successfully
- Recognize how Japanese discussion concepts such as “ringi seido” can be used in your communication with Japanese people successfully
- You learn what you should prepare when Japanese visit your country.
- You will get important tips and pragmatic solutions for difficult situations in daily operations, e.g. in dealing with conflicts and problems such as complaints, employee interviews, approval talks with authorities
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in Japan and Asia, and have established and directed local companies and experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in Japan on site as well as in international teams.
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will include your wishes and give you suggestions for solutions or alternative approaches.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda completely to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other training topics. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time and location of these workshops can be specified by you. If you desire more than two days workshop, e.g. for complex international challenges, then we can tailor any of our trainings and workshops to suit your needs and wishes !
History and Culture of Japan
- Japan today: current situation and challenges
- Japans history in Asia and major facts you need to know
- Japanese values, traditions, norms
- Family and harmony
- Collectivism and the hierarchical thinking of Asians
- Culture standard face saving
- The pyramid of needs for Japanese
Japanese versus Western Foreigners
- Comparison of Japan and Western countries using the cultural dimensions
- Important symbols of Japan
- How do Japanese see foreigner?
- The straight path of the western cultures, the complex way of the Japanese: Why Japanese jump back and forth, and how to successfully deal with it
- Japanese introvert and polite behavior: what is the meaning behind and how to deal with it?
- Decision structures in Japanese companies
- Information and mistakes: shame and blame cultural differences
- Memorization vs. transfer thinking
Business Etiquette – The Dos and Don’ts
- The correct welcome: “Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu”
- Pitfalls that should be avoided at all costs
- Business cards and title: what really matters for Japanese?
- Small talk in special clubs?
- Lunch and dinner: how to say no for certain foods?
- Colors and their meaning in everyday business
- Presents that match corporate compliance in order to build lasting relationships
- How to treat Japanese guests in your home country
Effective communication with Japanese
- How to talk that Japanese understand you correctly?
- Direct vs. indirect language, in particular for the image based Japanese language
- Visualization as a tool for better communication
- Translation – what the Japanese say and what they really mean
- Interpretation of the Japanese body language
- How does a Japanese say “No” and how “Yes”?
- Presentations in Japan or in front of Japanese
- Effective discussion and negotiation styles with Japanese