International Business Competency USA
Successful Cooperation with American Business Partners
The cultural differences between Europeans and Americans are often perceived as low. Nevertheless, making business with Americans can be quite difficult, sometimes even long lasting negative effects may occur (possibly even with financial and legal consequences).
In this seminar you will learn to avoid these pitfalls and to better understand Americans and thus build sustainable and successful business relationships and enforce your interests in an elegant and efficient way.
- Learn how to deal successfully with American business partners
- Build-up intercultural competence for USA
- Learn to avoid intercultural mistakes and understand how to accomplish your goals in USA
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 10000 USD for 2 days
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
The two-day, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how with many examples and realistic exercises.
- The key objective of this training is to equip you with the necessary know-how, tools and processes to accomplish your goals in USA
- Acquire relevant knowledge of cultural differences in thought and action between USA and Europeans
- Recognize critical intercultural situations and how to avoid conflicts
- Learn to effectively and skillfully communicate with Americans and learn to recognize and defuse misunderstandings
- Learn how to successfully negotiate in USA and establish long-term business success with confidence
- You will get important tips and pragmatic tools to deal with difficult situations in daily operations, e.g. for staff meetings or negotiations
- Learn what “don’ts” you need to avoid, but also what “dos” you should use for a successful relationship building
- Learn to successfully negotiate in USA, without “being ripped off”: we will explain typical negotiation tricks of Americans and how to elegantly but effectively achieve your goals
- Understand principles such as “Standard Operation Procedures” SOP if you want to change anything in an US-company
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in international companies, and have established and directed local companies and experienced all the ups as downs of everyday business in foreign countries
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will include your wishes and give you suggestions for solutions or alternative approaches.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda completely to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other training topics. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time and location of these workshops can be specified by you. If you desire more than two days workshop, e.g. for complex international challenges, then we can tailor any of our trainings and workshops to suit your needs and wishes !
History and culture of the United States of America
- USA Today: diversity and multi-culture
- Regional differences in the US
- The understanding of family, work and leisure
- Big is beautiful: Americans and their status symbols
- Do as you like: American understanding of freedom
American and Europeans in comparison
- From “A to B”: The straight path of the Europeans
- “Just do it”: The focused way the Americans
- Status, hierarchy, and the resulting roles of employees & managers
- Understanding of time and punctuality
- Prejudices, stereotypes and misunderstandings
Business Etiquette – The Dos and Don’ts
- Business etiquette, greeting, clothing, meetings and workshops
- Business cards and titles
- Tips for a successful small talk
- Dealing with colleagues at work and at leisure
- “Nice Dress” and other sexual harassment traps
- Special taboos and don’ts
Communication with Americans
- How to conduct successfully discussions, workshops and meetings with Americans?
- How to sell successfully in America (me, my ideas, my products)?
- What promotes mutual acceptance and mutual understanding?
- Sustainable building of trust with Americans
- Recognize and defuse conflicts
- Personal conversations: Dealing with employees and teams
- Training and presentations to Americans: differences in focus, time and sequence
- Customer discussions: essential knowledge for successful communicate your ideas and products
Negotiations with Americans
- Differences in negotiation styles
- Bluffs and other typical chess moves of Americans
- My home is my castle: Why Americans react more easily
- Projects with Americans
- Win-win? How do I achieve my goals