Persuasion and Influence
Convince others to do what you think is right
In today’s international business world one of the key personal success factors is how to articulate your points in a convincing way. Only those that can leave a lasting impression by utilizing well-chosen arguments will achieve their goals smoothly and effectively. In this seminar, you will learn how to structure and prepare convincing arguments and understand what the difference between good and bad argumentation styles is.
More and more meetings and discussions are conducted virtually and ad-hoc, leaving few space and time for a detailed and in-depth preparation. Therefore, you also should learn to quickly develop arguments, yet still in a logical and structured way. Furthermore, in this seminar you will learn to effectively deal will counter arguments, objections and even killer phrases.
- Persuasion and influence are essential techniques in daily business routines, e.g. you need to convince others of your ideas, react to their suggestions or protect or defend your status.
- Especially when dealing with people that have already been trained on these argumentation techniques, then your position is weakened, if you do not even know the basic principles of influencing others.
- In our seminar we teach you those principle methods of persuasion and influence and practice them in typical business situations.
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 10000 USD for 2 days
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
Our two-days, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises.
- You will learn different argumentation styles and methods, allowing you to choose the most suitable one for different situations.
- You will understand what are effective methods for persuasion and influencing others.
- You learn how to deal with counter arguments, objections and killer phrases – in an elegant and charming yet effective way
- International concepts of persuasion and influence will be trained, including the six principles of Prof. Cialdini, as well as other influencing techniques
- You will also learn to utilize these techniques differently when dealing with different personalities
- You will learn more than 20 different argumentation techniques
- You will learn how to use question types effectively
- You will learn to counter bad or aggressive argumentation from others
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will include your wishes and give you suggestions for solutions or alternative approaches.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda completely to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other training topics. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time and location of these workshops can be specified by you. If you desire more than two days workshop, e.g. for complex international challenges, then we can tailor any of our trainings and workshops to suit your needs and wishes !
Characteristics of effective influencing
- The art of argumentation
- How to achieve assertiveness?
- What are convincing arguments?
- What is the difference between persuasion and manipulation?
- AIDA principle: Creating interest and suspension
Persuasion and influencing techniques
- Prof. Cialdini’s influencing principles
- Commitment & consistency
- Social Proof
- Other global techniques
- Social selling
- The power of images
- International arguments used in marketing
- Magic and emotional words
- Targeting the five senses
Matching influencing techniques with different personalities
- The rational type
- Team player
- Safety type
- Self-promoting type
Dealing with different business situations
- Weekly meetings, Telco, Webco etc.
- Ad-hoc discussion in the hallway
- Delegating work to colleagues or subordinates
- Proposing changes internally
Dealing with unexpected situations
- Counter arguments, objections and killer phrases
- Frequent interruptions
- Impolite or aggressive behavior
Effective daily influencing
- Situational argumentation and usage of tools
- Win win = long-lasting value for both