Successful cooperation with international business partners
Intercultural sensitivity and competency are becoming increasingly important in the context of globalization and internationalization. Each culture has its own values and standards which need to be understood for a successful cooperation with international business partners. In this interactive training we teach you essential knowledge and skills for working in an international context and make you aware of the diversity of cultures and in particular for your own cultural background.
- Learn how to work successfully with international business partners and safely move on international parquet
- Intercultural sensitivity allows to be elegant, charming, yet successful in communication with international business colleagues, employees and customers
DeYuCo Academy Open Seminars
- 1999 USD per participant including coffee / lunch breaks, digital and printed documentation, excluding travel costs of participants
- 17.-18.7.2018 San Francisco, USA
- 2.-3.8.2018 Los Angeles, USA
- 18.-19.3.2019, Miami, USA
- 21.-22.10.2019, San Francisco, USA
DeYuCo Academy Inhouse Workshops
- Workshop fee 8000 USD for 2 days plus travel costs of our experts
- Topics can be adjusted to your needs and wishes
- At any time and place worldwide, our experts fly to your office
- Inhouse workshops can be conducted in English or German. If you require other languages kindly contact us for further possibilities
This two-days, hands-on training equips you with the necessary know-how utilizing many examples and realistic exercises.
- The main objective of the training is that you develop transnational communication skills to work successfully with foreign colleagues, employees and business partners from different cultures
- You deal with your own cultural origins and identify significant cultural differences
- You develop more awareness of how cultural differences affect international cooperation and working relationships
- You develop a greater understanding of other cultural logics and practices
- You acquire confidence in dealing with relevant cultural differences by interpreting concrete work situations and the reflection of one’s own reactions
- You learn to make cooperation with partners from other cultures more smoothly and efficiently
- You learn how to avoid simple mistakes and enforce your goals despite cross-cultural differences
- The seminar is ideal for professionals and managers who have to deal with many different cultures and nations, and not only want to understand specific cultures
- Learn from the mistakes that have been made by others before you. Our trainers have worked as expats for many years in international companies and have established and directed global companies, experiencing all the ups as downs of everyday business in international teams.
Open Seminar / Inhouse Workshop Details
Participants in our open seminars can tell the trainer upfront their wishes and needs, e.g. if you want a certain topic to be discussed in more detail. In particular if you require suggestions for specific situations or issues then please tell our expert trainers, they will consider your wishes during the training and give you suggestions for solutions.
In our inhouse workshops we can adjust the following suggested agenda and tailor it to your needs and wishes. You can also mix and match these topics with other trainings. If you prefer web-based solutions over class-room workshops then kindly contact us for a tailored offer. The time, duration and location of these inhouse workshops can be specified by you. If you want to train more than five people on this topic then inhouse is a good alternative compared to joining our open seminars!
Culture and Intercultural competencies
- What is culture and how do cultural differences affect international cooperation?
- The iceberg model of culture
- What is effective intercultural competency?
- How do intercultural misunderstandings arise?
Dealing with prejudices and stereotypes
- How do we see foreigners?
- In contrast: how do foreigners see us?
- What are our own cultural values?
- How to identify and even understand international cultural values
- Prejudices: deal with them or bypass them?
- Optimized dealing with stereotypes and prejudices
Overview over cultural differences
- Differences based on the cultural dimensions and how to overcome them in business life
- Power and Hierarchy: e.g. how to write emails and reminders
- Uncertainty avoidance vs. risk awareness: e.g. how to deal with nations that reject any kind of risk
- Individualism vs. collectivism: e.g. how to brainstorm in workshops with group oriented nations
- Femininity vs. masculinity: in which nations male / female issues are extremely important
- Monochronic vs. polychronic time judgement: e.g. how to set milestones with nations that are polychronic
- Focus on facts vs. people orientation: e.g. how to overcome personal distanc
International Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid simple cultural misunderstandings
- Eating and drinking behaviors: e.g. do you have to taste everything, worldwide?
- Karaoke and other after dinner programs: can you also decline?
- Global dress code: e.g. socks and shoes
- Small talk guide: good and bad topics
Effective communication with international partners
- Dealing with different communication styles
- Levels of intercultural communication
- Direct vs. indirect communication
- Virtual communication (email, phone, telco, webco)
- Picture based communication style
Further tips for a successful cooperation with international business partners
- 5 phases of international team building
- The global benefit understanding: differences between America, Asia, Europe
- Bending and bowing: merits and limits